Tuesday 17 October 2017

See you later

These last few weeks have taught me I am so much more like you dad than I ever realised.

The same logical, methodical approach, the same twisted sense of humour, the same taste in programmes (mostly) and the same twinkle in my eye that makes others think “what are they up to?”

Being more of a tomboy growing up, I was my dad’s honorary boy. Chopping firewood, helping build the garden shed, loving to construct stuff and plan. I only wish we could plan some things now.

As I get ready to say “Goodbye for now” I think of all the things you’ll never get to be part of, the milestones I’ll reach without your presence and theological debates that used to get both our blood pressures raised. What a blessed time to share these last few weeks just sitting with you, journeying and even watching the flipping boring darts!

But there was an ease between us than never before, just happy to ‘Be’ and happy to share space and time. I be forever grateful for that gift. I sensed it was a gift at the time and was glad to have it.

This is not goodbye Dad, just “I’ll see you later”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.
Comments are moderated before they are published to the blog.